Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Written Assignment 1

1. Within your research findings, identify 3-5 aspects which particularly pique your interest and define why. (List as many as you like - be as specific as possible as to "why" you found each intriguing).

With this thesis project, I desire to further explore the possible animation using 2 Dimensional digitally illustrated images to its furthest extend. What excites me the most are works that have implied effects onto 2D assets to bring them to life. To achieve these, from my research, designers have applied effects that are relevant to the real life like shadows and also animating factors that emphasize motion such as use of angles and sound effects. 2D images may be something that is thought to be put to a limit when animating, however, I am very intrigued by what they can become once life is given to them.

2. What areas of focus are you personally fascinated by / interested in? (ex., kinetic typography, designing for a social cause, interesting use of technology, etc...)

I am fascinated by animations that dialogue character through various actions assisted by rich environmental backgrounds. The animation does not carry a dense message but yet carries a full narrative created for entertainment. These animations work as a whole. Depending on the kind of narrative it tells, the visual assists the story, a solid concept.
I want to deliver a PSA (Public Service Announcement) in short animations. These will be a sequence with the same main character going through phases of incidents to learn the importance of the message. There will be a sequence of 3 to 5 short animations.

3. What personal goals do you want to accomplish in working on your thesis?

Through the works of thesis, I want to push my abilities to the point that I can create any narrative and deliverable with 2D animation. This means that I will have fully accomplished visual aspects, polished movements and cuts along with any additional accessories, like sound effects, also completely polished.

4. Then answer the big question: What project can you envision working on over the next several months? 

Over the next several months, I want to devote myself on creating a project with a fully comprehensive character and narrative. Since, I am focusing on 2D animation, I will be spending my time focusing on making rich and entertaining visual assets along with variety of animated movements to bring them alive.
The message I want to deliver is "Protect your belongings". This refers to not only things within one's property but also nature and environment applies. Since I have a firm message I want to deliver, I have to find ways to "tell" it through entertaining animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment